THE BOOK
Some of the ideas discussed in this blog are published in my new book called "The Stonehenge Bluestones" -- available by post and through good bookshops everywhere. Bad bookshops might not have it....
To order, click
HERE

Wednesday 15 September 2021

The Museum -- open if you are lucky

I could sell it like this.  Visit the Bluestone Museum in your search for enlightenment!  Bluestones around you on all sides!  Lumps of bluestone available for hire for rituals and spells!  Standing bluestone monolith available for photo opps!

Hmmm -- no, I don't think I'll go down that route.  This is much more low key -- an attempt to explain the ongoing dispute about bluestone entrainment / collection and transport.  No hyperbole -- but I'm not neutral either.  Neutrality is not an option in the present circumstances.  Anyway, everybody welcome.........



4 comments:

Tom Flowers said...

Been there, done that. Excellent museum, well worth a visit, and in the middle of such stunning country too.

Dave Maynard said...

I'll have to make arrangements to bring my little team down to familiarise themselves (and myself, I've never been able to distinguish any of these rock types).

We are working on a project where glacial erratics might turn up, so best to be able to say something about them.

I'll give a ring sometime

Dave

BRIAN JOHN said...

You are very welcome, Dave. Out tomorrow morning, but otherwise mostly here.....

Dave Maynard said...

Maybe the back end of next week or the week after. I'll ring first