THE BOOK
Some of the ideas discussed in this blog are published in my new book called "The Stonehenge Bluestones" -- available by post and through good bookshops everywhere. Bad bookshops might not have it....
To order, click
HERE

Thursday 3 November 2011

Viewing this blog

Blogger has introduced a new version which enables users of blogs to vary the way that they are viewed.  The one I particularly like is the "magazine" version which you should be able to look at if you click here:

http://brian-mountainman.blogspot.com/view/magazine

It allows you to see all the posts scrolled down the page, with a thumbnail pic next to each one.  Much easier for finding past posts than simply having them listed in a sidebar.  Maybe you need good broadband for this -- but it will be good to get some feedback.  What do you think, folks?

What I don't know is how easy (or difficult) it may be to add comments and to make the "follow blog" arrangements work.

7 comments:

Barrie Foster said...

Interesting. Thanks for sharing, Brian. I must investigate further as the magazine version might lend itself well to some of the ideas I am trying to spread around small business and local communities - as you well know.

Barrie Foster said...

Cracked it. I don't think downloads are a problem. Not sure about functions - following, comments, etc. My solution is to use it as an add-on option via a link. Just blogged it with, of course, an acknowledgement and a link to you. Go to: http://barriefoster.blogspot.com/

BRIAN JOHN said...

Thanks for that, Barrie. Together we learn......

Chris johnson said...

It does not work on my iPad, which is a shame.

BRIAN JOHN said...

Chris

I'm not an expert on any of this, but maybe that Magazine Blogger version tries to load up ALL of the blog posts -- which probably requires a massive allocation of memory. I doubt that it's a Mac thing -- I have an iMac, and it's fine on the big screen.

Barrie Foster said...

Chris..

Not an expert on mobile stuff either, but have you tried your iPad using a wi-fi connection? This has worked with iPhones for one of my fairly hefty pages where a normal connection has failed to cope.

Chris johnson said...

Thanks for the tips. I get a message from blogger that I need to use a modern browser - similar to other sites that use flash on the iPad. The iPad does not support flash.

I am using wifi on a fast connection and there are many gbs of memory free despite storing many books, my music, and some tv programs.

I will try on my MBP as the part of the site that I can see is looking great!