THE BOOK
Some of the ideas discussed in this blog are published in my new book called "The Stonehenge Bluestones" -- available by post and through good bookshops everywhere. Bad bookshops might not have it....
To order, click
HERE

Monday 7 February 2022

All alone? I don't think so.....


In a rather silly and cheap comment on a discussion forum which many will know, geologist Rob Ixer accused me the other day of being a lone voice in the wilderness, saying things that nobody else was at all interested in listening to.   I happen to think that rather a lot of people agree with me that there are no bluestone quarries, that there never was a "lost circle" at Waun Mawn which was later shipped off to Stonehenge, and that the idea of the human bluestone transport expeditions is really rather preposterous.  I listen to what people say, and I get many messages which Ixer and his colleagues would not find very flattering.  Even, dare I say it, from geologists.  Anyway, it's nice to report that the press release about the Mumbles "giant erratic" which went out about 10 days ago has been read by over 500 people already, and another milestone has been reached with the readings of my Waun Mawn article reaching 4,200 reads.  

I think we may safely assume that quite a lot of people are rather interested in what I have to say;  they may not agree with my conclusions on everything, but I have no problem with that.  The whole point is that people should be aware that the ideas so heavily promoted by MPP and his colleagues are actually disputed by more people that they might like to believe.  Sadly, they have never admitted in print that their ideas are disputed by anybody;  and when you rush along the tracks in a permanent state of denial about the dangers ahead, your destiny is always to hit an immovable object with considerable force.  Sad, but inevitable.  

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/345177590_Waun_Mawn_and_the_search_for_Proto-_Stonehenge

https://brian-mountainman.blogspot.com/2022/01/stonehenge-giant-glacial-erratic-hailed.html


No comments: