THE BOOK
Some of the ideas discussed in this blog are published in my new book called "The Stonehenge Bluestones" -- available by post and through good bookshops everywhere. Bad bookshops might not have it....
To order, click
HERE

Friday 19 January 2024

Revised Carn Goedog paper


I have published a revised version of my Carn Goedog article onto the Researchgate platform, incorporating the most recent research.  Nothing has been published in the last few years to cause me to revise my views, and I still think the idea of a Neolithic quarry up there, producing spotted dolerite monoliths on an industrial scale, is preposterous.  The evidence just does not stack up, and it never did........

 https://www.researchgate.net/publication/377230821_Carn_Goedog_on_Mynydd_Preseli_was_not_the_site_of_a_bluestone_megalith_quarry

Our old friend Tim Daw has had a go at me on his blog.  I thank him for drawing attention to the article and for providing a link, but find it rather weird that he criticises me for not going to great lengths to argue for the glacial transport of the bluestones.  As I would explain to him if he allowed comments on his blog, that's a different topic.  There would be no great point in criticising the author of an article on the reproductive methods of the tiger moth for not going into great detail on the town planning strategy of Greater Manchester.......

No comments: