THE BOOK
Some of the ideas discussed in this blog are published in my new book called "The Stonehenge Bluestones" -- available by post and through good bookshops everywhere. Bad bookshops might not have it....
To order, click
HERE

Tuesday 23 May 2017

Pentre Ifan video



Here is a new CGI video from Cadw, showing what Pentre Ifan is assumed to have looked like.  All very dramatic and moody........

Shared from BBC News:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-wales-south-west-wales-29380830/watch-cadw-s-cgi-video-of-pentre-ifan-in-pembrokeshire

4 comments:

TonyH said...

Just to say I had a card given me of Pentre Ifan based on a painting by Rod Williams, which I treasure and display in my living room.

Rod is Senior Lecturer in Painting, City of Manchester College, and is owner and tutor of St Davids Painting Holidays. He was winner of the Saxon Barton Award, Royal Cambrian cademy, and was educated at Colwyn Bay Grammar School and Wrexham and Manchester College of Art.

BRIAN JOHN said...

Small world! I know Rod quite well, having worked with him on various events at Oriel y Parc in St David's. He's very involved in the local community. Had a pleasant lunch with him and various others in the cafe there, not so long ago......

TonyH said...

Perhaps my brother, Peter, a nature and landscape photographer, and retired lecturer in photography, also knows Rod, as it was he who sent me the card. Must ask him.

TonyH said...

He does indeed know Rob slightly. There is quite a community of artists in and around St David's.