THE BOOK
Some of the ideas discussed in this blog are published in my new book called "The Stonehenge Bluestones" -- available by post and through good bookshops everywhere. Bad bookshops might not have it....
To order, click
HERE

Monday 14 December 2015

Prophetic, or what?

James has just drawn my attention to this post from 2010. I had forgotten about it......

That was a long time ago, and it was about Carn Meini and HH Thomas.  Funny how history repeats itself, isn't it?

http://brian-mountainman.blogspot.co.uk/2010/03/two-great-hoaxes-piltdown-skull-and.html

2 comments:

TonyH said...

David Dawson is Director of Wiltshire Museum at Devizes.

Surely no relation? Should I ask him?

Probably pure coincidence. After all, David Dawson is also the name of the actor who excelled as King Alfred in "The Lost Kingdom" on BBC2 very recently.

Myris of Alexandria said...

I kept thinking churlish milksop every time he appeared (character not actor).
The Vikings like the devil had the best lines and eye makeup. I gave them douze point.
A well done romp and lovely tie up with the Detectorists final moments. Who would have thought Mr Mackenzie so very very talented.
M