THE BOOK
Some of the ideas discussed in this blog are published in my new book called "The Stonehenge Bluestones" -- available by post and through good bookshops everywhere. Bad bookshops might not have it....
To order, click
HERE

Tuesday 17 January 2012

Viewing this blog


http://brian-mountainman.blogspot.com/view/magazine

There are now so many entries on this blog that it can get confusing, even if you are using the search facility on the site.  Even if you use the Blogger magazine format, it can take a very long time to load, with a lot of scrolling required.  However, if you have the patience to load the whole blog into the magazine format, you will have ALL entries on a single page which you can scroll up and down -- I recommend that you save this as a web page onto your desktop, and it should then always be there, intact.  You can see all the entries adjacent to a thumbnail of the key illustration.  Makes it much easier to use.  Enjoy!

This will not automatically be updated with new entries -- for that you need to use a web browser like Firefox or Safari, as usual.

I am reminded of this because some recent contributors and readers appear to be unfamiliar with quite long and detailed posts and discussion threads in 2008-2011.

5 comments:

chris johnson said...

how should we do this. Currently I attach to www.brian-mountainman.blogspot.con or some such.
There are no obvious options for a different view.

BRIAN JOHN said...

Chris -- If you use this it should work:

http://brian-mountainman.blogspot.com/view/magazine

Jon Morris said...

Excellent tip. I've incorporated this idea in my sidebar.

I've been thinking that important posts and threads should be flagged with some form of index? It's time consuming though, so I'm not sure it's worth the effort.

chris johnson said...

Thanks, great view although it does not work properly on my iPad.

I see other blogs display new comments on the side. This would be cool as it breathes new life into old postings and tells you where the action is.

When I search your archive I see several great threads to react to but I don't because I know that nobody other than yourself will respond.

BRIAN JOHN said...

Chris -- smart suggestion! Not sure if Blogger has a template that will allow that. I shall investigate...