THE BOOK
Some of the ideas discussed in this blog are published in my new book called "The Stonehenge Bluestones" -- available by post and through good bookshops everywhere. Bad bookshops might not have it....
To order, click
HERE

Tuesday 23 April 2024

The new Holocene article



It's one month since publication, and this is the link to my article in The Holocene journal:

https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/10.1177/09596836241236318

https://doi.org/10.1177/09596836241236318

It's flagged up as open access, but as we all know, that does not mean access to all who may wish to read it.  If you can't get at it on the journal web site, it is also here on Researchgate:

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/379121966_The_Stonehenge_bluestones_did_not_come_from_Waun_Mawn_in_West_Wales

This is the final accepted version in the format I submitted -- so it appears slightly different from the version published in the journal.  But it's all there......... and has over 2,600 reads so far, so people are taking it seriously.

If you want a PDF of the article as published, let me know, and I will get a copy off to you. I am allowed by the publishers to distribute copies to friends and fellow researchers for their personal edification!

Ref:
John, B.S. 2024. The Stonehenge bluestones did not come from Waun Mawn in West Wales. The Holocene, March 20, 2024 (published online) 13 pp.




3 comments:

Tony Hinchliffe said...

Please send me a PDF of your updated Holocene article, many thanks

Tony Hinchliffe said...

Brian, I've just placed a Salisbury Journal article onto your Facebook site. It is within a Post from Tim Daw. If you look at what I say on my own Facebook page, you will see I've corrected what the Cardiff professor claims you said.

BRIAN JOHN said...

What did he claim I said? I'm a bit lost on this one........ as far as I can see, he doesn't seem to claim that I said anything.....