THE BOOK
Some of the ideas discussed in this blog are published in my new book called "The Stonehenge Bluestones" -- available by post and through good bookshops everywhere. Bad bookshops might not have it....
To order, click
HERE

Friday 4 March 2022

And now for something completely outrageous.........

 


Once upon a time......

I heard this one the other day, and since it is completely outrageous (like all the best jokes) I could not resist repeating it.  Indeed, I would be failing in my duty if I did not.  So here goes.....

=================

Once upon a time, in a country not very far away and in a time not so far into the future, a brain surgeon was looking for a new brain for one of his patients.  So he went into a brain shop to check out what was currently available.

"Ah yes," said the brain monger.  "We have a reasonable stock at the moment.  This one here, for example, is a nuclear physicist's brain, a snip at £50.  Then we have a very nice poet's brain on special offer, for just £100.  And over here we have, at the top of our range, an archaeologist's brain for a cool £1,000........."

What?" exclaimed the brain surgeon.  "You must be joking!"

"Not at all, my dear sir," came the reply.  "It's as good as new.  In fact, completely unused......"

================

Complaints -- on a postcard please -- should be sent to the Society of Antiquaries.

No comments: