THE BOOK
Some of the ideas discussed in this blog are published in my new book called "The Stonehenge Bluestones" -- available by post and through good bookshops everywhere. Bad bookshops might not have it....
To order, click
HERE

Thursday 10 October 2019

New Atlas Chapter now available




Superficial deposits and ecology / habitats in Pembrokeshire

As I never tire of saying, we will never fully understand the enigma of Stonehenge unless we also understand what happened "upstream" with regard to the ice stream that is suspected of entraining and transporting all those lumps of bluestone. We are referring to an hypothesis here -- and we must always accept that this may not be the truth -- but currently the evidence looks strong, and far stronger than anything brought forward in support of other hypotheses.

When I was asked to write the introductory chapter of the new Historical Atlas of Pembrokeshire I was happy to oblige -- and as I have mentioned before, it was published quite recently.  It's an awkward volume to get extracts from, because the book is a large-format square -- but I have now done some tweaking of my own copyright manuscript material, and have added the excellent maps drawn from my roughs by Anna Ratcliffe.

I'm very happy to give the Atlas some more publicity! Details:

Howell, D.W. (ed) 2019. An Historical Atlas of Pembrokeshire (Volume 5 of the Pembrokeshire County History). Haverfordwest, Pembrokeshire County History Trust, 205 pp, £30.00.


No comments: