Pages

▼

Friday, 17 February 2017

April 1st comes early this year....

Our friend Paul Sanday is doing another talk in Newport about his claim that he has found "The Welsh Stonehenge" -- full coverage in the local press.  Ah well, it's a free world, and I suppose his ideas are no wackier than many others featured in the Stonehenge debate over the years......

http://www.countyecho.co.uk/article.cfm?id=109765&headline=Geologist%20stumbles%20across%20%E2%80%98Welsh%20Stonehenge&sectionIs=news&searchyear=2017

I think Paul is having a jolly time here, just seeing how much outrageous nonsense he can get a gullible public to accept as "scientifically" based.  Not sure what this all does for the reputation of geology....... maybe that's a problem for geologists to address!

2 comments:

  1. This is a complete "non item" or, am I missing the report by the paper...it tells me that he has found our Stonehenge, shows a picture of a dog sniffing a rock, and then leaves us to it. Is he going to elaborate. Or maybe take more water with it......

    ReplyDelete
  2. I suspect that the local paper just used whatever Paul sent to them! Not sure that they even have an editor any longer....... I think Paul is giving another talk in Newport next week -- for £8 you can go along and be enlightened!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your message here